The Joint Commission Policy Statement
RAO Radiologists, Inc. dba Pulse Healthcare Services mission is to provide cost effective, well trained and qualified health care professionals for our customers, leveraging proven workforce delivery models and state of the art technology. Pulse Healthcare Services complies with the Joint Commission’s Standards for Healthcare Staffing Services for delivery of safe and quality patient care. Pulse Healthcare Services has the experience, resources, and connections to offer exceptional healthcare professionals in the industry. In its niche market, Pulse Healthcare Services, has created a name for itself, as the preferred and sought-after health care professional services provider for all our clients across various health care delivery systems by providing the highest quality, cost effective professionals backed by the best customer service. In a time where average performance is the norm, we will always go above and beyond. To assure compliance with the Joint Commission Standards for Healthcare Staffing Services, Pulse Healthcare Services provides the customer a written description of the following service features.
- Sub contractors : Pulse Healthcare Services will not engage subcontractors to provide services unless agreed to in advance by the customer.
- Floating : Assigned Providers may only be placed in assignments that match the job description for which Pulse Healthcare Services assigns them. They should only be floated to areas of comparable clinical diagnoses and acuities; and must have the appropriate certifications and credentials for that department/unit.
- Competency Review : Pulse Healthcare Services, strives to maintain high quality Healthcare Supplemental Staffing Services through its pre-employment and ongoing competency assessment. The assessment is based on the techniques, procedures, technology and skills needed to provide safe and quality care, treatment and services to the populations served by the customer upon completion of Pulse Healthcare Services orientation. We also ask that the Customer cooperates in a review or evaluation of each Assigned Provider, relative to the provider’s ability to perform specific job functions upon completion of provider’s assignment or shift. Customer’s feedback is highly valuable in order to accurately assess and re-assess the competence of the Assigned Provider on an ongoing basis based on the customer’s report of clinical performance.
- Orientation of Providers : Pulse Healthcare Services attempts to provide a comprehensive and thorough orientation on the company’s policies and procedures and in-service training that reflects current compliance and promotes safe and quality healthcare delivery. Together, with the customer, we will work to orient assigned providers to the facility and its rules and regulations, policies and procedures, including dress code, physical layout and equipment and to validate competency and ability of Assigned Provider to properly use equipment.
- Providers and Independent Contractors : As the provider of staffing services, Pulse Healthcare Services will be the employer of Assigned Providers and shall not by reason of their temporary assignment with the customer through Pulse Healthcare Services become providers of the customer. At its sole discretion Pulse Healthcare Services reserves the right to utilize Independent Contractors in addition to its providers, to assist in the provision of all agreed upon Healthcare Supplemental Staffing services.
- Incident, Error, Tracking System : Upon notification of Incidents and or Errors, Pulse Healthcare Services shall document and track all unexpected incidents, including errors, sentinel events and other events, such as injuries and safety hazards related to the care and services provided, utilizing its data gathering tools. Information gathered tracked and analyzed is to be shared and reported appropriately to customers, regulatory bodies and the Joint Commission asrequired.
- Communicating Occupational Safety Hazards/Events : It shall be the responsibility of the customer to notify Pulse Healthcare Services within 24 hours of any occupational safety hazard/event. The Customer agrees to initiate communication with Pulse Healthcare Services whenever an incident/injury report related to the Assigned Provider iscompleted
- Requirements for Staff Specified : The requirements of staff sent to the customer by Pulse Healthcare Services are to be determined by the customer as part of the written agreement between the two parties. It is Pulse Healthcare Services obligation to comply with the requirements of the customer by supplying staff that have the documented competencies, credentials, health screening and experience to satisfy the requirements specified by the customer in order to deliver safe and quality patient care.
- Staff Matching Requirements : Pulse Healthcare Services shall verify the Assigned Provider’s licensure, certification, education and work experience to assure they are competent and possess the skills and experience that match requirements for the assignment. Matching the specified requirements of the assignment may include the use of new grad practitioners upon the request or approval of thecustomer.
The Pulse Healthcare Services is headquartered in Herndon, VA. PulseHealthcareServices business core hours are 9:00 am to 5:30 PM Monday through Friday. However, Pulse Healthcare staff are available to clients and employees 24hours a day,seven days a week. When Pulse Healthcare Services offices are closed, a Pulse Healthcare Services employee is on call and available to meet the needs of customers and employees. All emergency calls are forwarded to the President of the company.Our local telephone number is 301-208-8770. Outside of normal business hours, in the event of an emergency please contact us at 301-799-3265.
In the event of an emergency, natural disaster or other uncontrollable event, Pulse Healthcare Services will continue to provide service to you through our corporate network from a location where phones and computers are functional. Pulse Healthcare Services will do everything possible to support you in meeting your needs during crisis situation(s). A copy of our Emergency Management Plan is available uponrequest.
Finally, our goal is to always provide you with a consistent level of service. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with our service or the service provided by one of our healthcare professionals, we encourage you to contact our ProjectManager, Human ResourcesManager or President to discuss the issue. Pulse Healthcare Services has processes in place to resolve customer complaints in an effective and efficient manner. If the resolution does not meet your expectation, we encourage you to call the Pulse Healthcare Services corporate office at 301-208-8770. A corporate representative will work with you to resolve your concern. Any individual or organization that has a concern about the quality and safety of patient care delivered by Pulse Healthcare Services healthcare professionals, which has not been addressed by Pulse Healthcare Services management, is encouraged to contact the Joint Commission at www.jointcommission.org or by calling the Office of Quality Monitoring at 630.792.5636. Pulse Healthcare Services demonstrates this commitment by taking no retaliatory or disciplinary action against providers when they do report safety or quality of care concerns to the JointCommission.